Unannounced Diminishing Returns!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Valentine, May 29, 2019.

?

Are you happy with the new diminishing returns?

1. Yes, I like them the way they are

2. Yes, but needs some adjustment

3. No, bring back the old system

4. I had no idea they changed anything until reading this

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Valentine

Valentine Житель форума

To start off, I would like to say that I am enjoying the game, however, I really do not appreciate the lack of communication between the devs and the players. Yes, in your terms of service it says that you are not obligated to do that, but as a paying customer, I would appreciate to learn about META defining changes when they are implemented in the game.

Last week, among other things, diminishing returns have been implemented in the game without a single announcement or description. From person testing on my assassin, what I have gathered is that the first stun will last 100% of its intended duration, but falls off to about 50% duration on second stun and about 25% on third. Anything after that is pretty much a waste of a skill and you have to wait for about 5 seconds for internal cooldown to reset, before applying any stuns. The biggest problem that I have is that it doesn't matter the source of the stun and the duration of the first. Meaning, you are much better off opening with 100 Energy stun on assassin (4 seconds), rather the 2 second stun from invisibility (2 seconds), which is seriously counterintuitive for assassins. This also means that if somebody else throws a weak stun (under 2 seconds), your 4 seconds stun will lose 50% duration straight away.

I support the idea of diminishing returns, but this feels more like a blanket nerf hammer than a well thought-out plan and hitting assassins, as well as warriors really hard. This change alone results in swaps of a lot of inscriptions for multiple classes, as some stuns (and corresponding talents) are now pretty much useless.

I am adding a quick poll to see how happy people are with the new changes. Myself, I am in the "Yes, but needs some adjustment" group.

2. Anarchos

Anarchos Житель форума

I’m in the same boat you are. While I enjoy playing multiple classes my clear cut main is an assassin. I realized a few days ago my chain stun combos were breaking down a lot earlier than usual and sometimes during arena matches my stealth stun appeared to not even stun my opponent.

I’m glad they are looking toward the games long term future, diminishing returns on stuns and other CC effects is something greatly needed. However I feel like a change this massive should have been communicated, and adjusted from its current state. As you said multiple stuns from different sources could make many assassin abilities nearly useless if not expertly communicated in real time with those you’re grouped with via a voice chat like discord. Most assassins that continue playing after the release of WoK will be wise to fine tune their abilities and talent trees with these changes in mind.

3. SinZ

SinZ Житель форума

The only thing that will eventually kill this game is the lack of communication between players and the developers. What bothers me even more is that all developers are russian and probably dont understand a lick of english. Which is why they are so bad at communication.

I am an assassin, on s7 USA, lvl 56 250k cp, and while I do ton of damage, it has become impossible to play assassin how it was meant to be played. While we got fucked druids are still OP, and lets not even talk about the crazy dps that other classes are doing while we continue to suffer.